Tuesday, February 10, 2009

She Said: Our Journey Into the Unknown...

Wow! The past few days have been an absolute whirlwind. Although Brian and I have made many big decisions together, specifically decisions about moving far away, never have we laughed, cried, smiled, talked, and "mulled over" a decision as much as we did this one. After all of this, we have made our decision to embark on a new journey and we are EXCITED!!!

I really never thought about what it would be like to have your husband say he got "the call." Generally I only hear that from people who are married to pastors, but the impact on our life and the feeling that it gives you is probably very similar.

When Brian called me on Thursday evening to say that he had received "the call" to join the U.S. Foreign Service, so many things went through my mind. I think the first was "God, why are you doing this to me? I am just getting comfortable in Minnesota. We love it here! I love my job, my apartment, being close to family, quality of life, below zero weather, hotdish, my church, my friends, how can you do this to me now?" While we will never know why God led us to Minnesota, only to present us with a choice less than six months after our arrival, we are inclined to believe that it may have been to give us that quality time with our families before we headed out on our adventure.

Tonight I am so excited about all that lies ahead for us. I am not sure what the next step in my career looks like, but I know that there is something in store for me. Most of you know of my love for international travel, culture, language, policy, and basically everything foreign. I think most of you also know of Brian's love for everything politics and policy related. For those reasons alone, this is the opportunity of a lifetime. I am so proud of Brian for being one of the few chosen to represent in our country and to build relationships across the world in a time when it is so desperately needed!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for putting up this blog guys! I'm so excited to see where this journey takes you and am so proud of your decision to represent our country. I'll be emailing you my wish list for vacation spots - try and match that up with your placement, will you? I love you guys and am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete