Thursday, February 12, 2009

She said: Craziness Continues

I didn't think I would write tonight, but it has been such a whirlwind that I decided to share my thoughts. Eventually we intend to share this on the web with all who want to view it and I think other "foreign service spouses" might appreciate knowing that someone felt the way they might at this point.

This week has been absolutely crazy! Since last weekend we decided that Brian will be back in DC March 1, that we will eventually go overseas, that I will move to DC sometime soon and that I will go to DC for the meeting with the career development officer and part of the bid process. I scheduled my physical to get my medical clearance, Brian started looking for housing for his first few weeks of training and I am looking at plane tickets and when I will go out to DC. It is a bit overwhelming as you can imagine!

I was contacted today by Natalya, our contact at the FSI Transition Center. She was super nice and told me about spouse training during the first week that Brian is in DC. I am still deciding whether or not I should go. It's a delicate balance between taking vacation from my current position (which I would like to keep until I move to DC) and participating in this whole process. Will share more when I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment