Monday, February 16, 2009

She Said: Medical Clearance

Today was another new experience, probably my least favorite since Brian got "the call." I had my state department physical in order to get my medical clearance for travel. Those of you who know me probably know that I am not particularly fond of needles. Today they did lots of blood work (needle), took a chest x-ray, and did a mantoux test (needle). On Thursday I will go back for a cholesterol and blood sugar test (12 hour fast, needle). All of this is part of the preparation for our journey. The journey is exciting. It hasn't changed the way I feel about needles.

Brian comes home from Daytona tonight and I'm sure we will start right away with planning his last two weeks in Minnesota. It feels very strange to think that before long he will be back in the place we just moved away from and I will be here in the place we were settling.

For those of you who may be wondering (and I will send a communication to family specifically about this), Brian and I will come back from DC one last time before we leave for our overseas post. My sister tells me there will be a lovely sending off celebration and it will give us the opportunity to see everyone before we go. I hope this helps ease some worries about trying to fit in a visit with Brian before he heads to DC. The short time between our decision and his move has made it nearly impossible for him to be able to see everyone he would like. In any case, feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.

Finally, on the note of questions, we have added a new feature to our blog. I'm not quite sure how it's working yet because noone has tested it, so I would love it if someone would give it a shot. It is the "askablogr" feature. If you click on the box on the upper right hand side it will take you to a separate window that will send a question to our blog. My understanding is that the questions and answers will post on the blog. Our intention is for people to post questions they have about anything related to this adventure so we can share with all who are interested and answer any questions people might have. Anyway, give it a shot.

That's all for now. Looks like I will be heading to Washington for "spouse training" March 5th and 6th...more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment