Tuesday, February 24, 2009

She Said: Key Dates

We finally got some dates, and for a day I was relieved. Then I realized that March is next week, that Brian leaves me on Sunday, and that every minute of our life up until that point is scheduled. It is stressful! I didn't anticipate it would be like this. I am loving getting to be with family and of course there are tasks that we just have to get done, but it's a lot to deal with emotionally too. I think it's going to be kind of a tough week. For those of you who have to see me in the coming weeks, I apologize in advance for any crying or crabbing you may have to put up with

Anyway, like I said, we finally got some dates nailed down. I will leave the details for Brian to share with you about what each key milestone means, but the two most important days to me are flag day (when we find out where we're going) and swearing in (when Brian graduates). Flag day will be held April 10th and Brian will be sworn in on April 17. I am sure they will sneak up on us before we know it. Time seems to be literally flying by these days.

I just bought my ticket to join Brian for part of that first week in DC for spouse training. I think it will be very useful in helping us define our timeline and making a decision about when I will move out to DC with him. I can hardly wait. I am very excited about the first week, because that is when we will get the bid list and have a chance to research and rank them. That will give us at least a rough idea of where in the world we might go. Fun stuff!! Looking forward to seeing some of you this week. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment