Wednesday, February 11, 2009

He Said: It's Official

Well, it's finally official. After six days of shock, deliberation, excitement, and waiting, my official offer from the State Department came via FedEx this morning. The three pound packet arrived this morning and I couldn't wait to get in and get the official papers signed and returned. After this whole process started on Thursday, I have to admit I've been a little neurotic. I guess with a change this big, you would never actually believe what's about to happen until all the i's are dotted and the t's crossed. Steph has been absolutely AMAZING during this whole process. I realize every day how lucky I am to have her in my life. I can not wait to share this journey with her. I guess the fact that we are able to do this together was the final sign that perhaps this was meant to be.

After signing the appropriate forms I headed over to Kinkos to submit them by fax. Of course, the first three times I tried to send them I got a busy signal... ahhhh!!! Ten minutes later I had officially accepted an offer to become a Foreign Service Officer with the US Department of State! A major weight has been lifted off my shoulders at this point. I've got a mound of paperwork to finish filling out, and Steph and I have much planning to do. These next few weeks will likely go very fast. I'm going to try to live this time as normal as possible, but I know we'll be trying to fit in some "last times" for many things.

For those wondering, I'll be heading out to DC for training on my own. The first day of training is March 2nd. We're trying to figure out when Steph will be moving out, but it's tough to decide without knowing where we're going to be posted. We'll be sure to keep you posted on major decisions, updates, and changes through the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment