Tuesday, March 17, 2009

She Said: A much needed break

Sorry I have been so disconnected, though I must admit that it has been intentional. There is so much I could share that I don't even know where to start, but I will take a shot at updating you on what has been going on.

Brian and I had a great time in Florida, which, as I suggested, was a much needed break from this chaos. I intentionally did not bring anything foreign service related with me, with the exception of the bid list. Friday morning we talked with Brian's CDO and had a really great conversation. I truly believe that he cares about my input as well as Brian's career and will take those into consideration as much as he can. On Sunday, I had to send Brian back to DC. A melty, crying mess, I drove myself back to Marco Island for one more day of vacation. Monday Brian submitted the bid list, and to be honest, it feels really good. It is out of our hands now and we will have to wait until flag day to see where we land.

While I have been missing Brian dearly, I am also very busy at Target. Today was our National Sales Meeting and I thought to myself about how sad I would be if I had to leave that environment. Target is an outstanding company through and through and the environment is addicting. I absolutely love working with the people there. Kelly Clarkson performed at the meeting today, but to be honest, she looked terrible. Jake Shimibukuro, a Hawaiian ukulele player, definitely put on a better show than Clarkson. He was amazing and I'm putting in a plug for all of you to check out his music on You Tube and support him if you like it. Who would have thought I'd like ukulele music.

That's all I have for now. I am trying to keep myself busy as we lead up to flag day and will keep you posted on the process of packing out, moving out of our apartment, and all the other fun things that accompany this process.

No comments:

Post a Comment