Monday, March 2, 2009

She Said: Food Poisoning and a Dose of Stress

Wow, what a crazy couple of days. On Saturday night we went out for dinner and I got sick from the burger that I ordered. It was not good! Although I felt a lot better yesterday, I'm still not back to full strength. That was the kickoff to our weekend, followed by all of the chaos that Brian described in his post. I'm just glad he finally got there today and will be able to join his class tomorrow. Even though he's nervous, I know he'll have no problem jumping right in.

As I opened the door to the apartment tonight, it felt very lonely. Noone was there, no lights were on, and Brian had not called to let me know that he was on his way home. It hit me that we are now apart and I felt really sad. I am lucky, however, that I will see Brian on Wednesday when I head to DC and then again we will have a chance to be together in Florida the following week. I think the weeks between Florida and Easter will be very difficult. As of now, we are not planning any trips to see each other in that time.

I am very excited to head to DC for "spouse training" at the end of this week. I'm hoping we will also have the bid list by the time I get there so that Brian and I can start to rank the posts and get a better idea of where we could be headed. That's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how your post made me sad for you today. That stupid John Mayer song just kept going through my head - "she's gone, gone, gone, gone". I can't imagine how hard/sad it must have been to come home to that empty condo. Makes me sad just thinking about it again. Anyway, my goal isn't to make you more sad, just to let you know how much I'm thinking about you guys.

    ReplyDelete