Wednesday, April 8, 2009

She Said: Flag day, Finally!

It's finally here...flag day, and I can hardly wait! Life has been absolutely crazy here in Minnesota, including a random April snowstorm last Saturday. I'm already ready to leave that behind. While these past few weeks have been extremely difficult for me, I am now looking back on them and amazed at all that I had the chance to experience. I really missed Brian and can't wait to see him again, but I had a great time with all of you! I had dinners with mom and dad, hung out with Kelly and Chris, had a visit from Erica, read bedtime stories to Lola, hung out with Renee, helped Dan and Mel move, met Micah and Sandra's new babies, enjoyed shopping time with lots of friends, and on and on and on. I wish I could list all of the fun things that I have been up to here, but I've got to get packed sometime tonight. The time has been wonderful and family and friends have been incredibly supportive. Thank you to all of you for listening and for helping! I can't tell you what it means to Brian and I.

Tomorrow afternoon I will be leaving for D.C. and on Friday afternoon we will find out where this adventure will take us for the next two years of our lives. I can only think of a few places on the list that I would be really disappointed in, and so many that I would enjoy. We will write a short blog entry on Friday night for those of you who are wondering where in the world we will be going. It will probably be late, so Saturday might be the better time to check. If it's really killing you, just shoot one of us a text. Thanks for all the well wishes, and we'll see you on the flip side of flag day.

No comments:

Post a Comment